- Narrative opening - focus on the story - convention of the narrative music video
- Cinematic in it's scope - famous actors, clear plot
- Music starts - non diegetic
- Extreme close-up on singer - convention
- Video switches between the band and the actors
- Narrative is the story behind the song
- Music cuts out and dialogue advances the narrative and the song comes back
- We can see the band as if a live gig - convention of the music video
- Series of short quick edits - allows the audience to sense whats going on
- Images and footage needed to tell the story - limited dialogue
- Music mirrors the action
- Codes for happiness and love - playful moments - all build up a story of their relationship
- Contrapuntal music doesn't match what we are seeing
- Warm colours of the band, dull colours at war
- Parrallel - seeing and hearing at the same time (it all fits)
- Chronological order
Wide angle shot, field of flowers which is a code for young love.
Camera gets very intimate, all close-ups, no body shots, all focused on their faces to show their relationship.
Staring into eachothers eyes, young love, flowers, bright colours - summer and happiness.